THE NEPAL EXPERIENCE
9 DAYS – ACTIVE
An engaging tour that offers exciting new experiences every day!
From the ancient city-kingdoms of the Kathmandu Valley to lovely mountain-top lodges and an elephant-back jungle safari, The Nepal Experience is suited to the solo traveler and families alike.
The Nepal Experience is an active adventure that still allows enough time for sipping chai and chatting with the locals.
- Temples and Palaces of ancient Himalayan city-kingdoms
- Shopping at colorful street markets
- Day hikes through local villages
- Himalayan views
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
DAY 1 Kathmandu | Historic lodging in the heart of the old city
Arrive Kathmandu. Welcome dinner and orientation.
DAY 2 Kathmandu | Temples and Palaces of Ancient Kathmandu
Walking tour of hidden backstreets and iconic landmarks of Kathmandu.
DAY 3 Nuwakot District | Explore rural Nepal
Transport to rural Nuwakot District and a lovely farmhouse lodge. Optional gentle bicycling adventure.
DAY 4 Kurintar | Optional rafting on the Trishuli River
Day hike or optional rafting on the scenic Trishuli River. Riverside Lodge.
DAY 5 Bandipur | Mountain-top resort with stunning Himalayan panorama
Paragliding, Day Hike, At Leisure
DAY 6 Chitwan N.P. | Jungle-side Lodging
Canoeing, Elephant Breeding Center, Culture Dance.
DAY 7 Chitwan N.P. | Jungle Safari
Elephant Safari, Jeep Safari, At Leisure
DAY 8 Kathmandu | Fly to Kathmandu
Circumambulate the iconic Bouddhanath Stupa with pilgrims from all corners of the earth.
DAY 9 Depart | Last minute shopping or sightseeing
Last minute shopping. Departure.
PRICING & WHAT’S INCLUDED
2-3 people $3,295 per person
4-5 people $2,995 per person
6+ people $2,795 per person
- 8 nights lodging at lovely, hand-picked accommodation
- All breakfasts and dinners
- 1 lunch
- All in-country transportation (other than transportation arranged for other activities or during free time)
- Domestic flight: Chitwan NP – Kathmandu
- 20-30 min mountain paragliding flight
- Chitwan NP entrance fee, elephant safari, jeep safari, canoe safari, elephant breeding center, culture dance
- Entrance fees for listed Kathmandu sights
- Mountain bike for two days of gentle cycling
- Eli as personal trip leader and cultural liaison throughout
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days)
- 8 lunches
- Any drinks other than complimentary drinks
- Personal insurance, emergency evacuation, etc…
- Other personal expenses
- Tips for guides, staff, drivers, etc…
DEPARTURE DATES 2020 – 2021
January | February | March | April | May | September| October | November | December
FLEXIBLE DEPARTURE DATES
Don’t see dates that work for you? Contact me to plan dates that fit your schedule.
September – May