Remote India Motorcycle Tour
From the colorful bazaars of Old Delhi to remote Himalayan villages, this India motorcycle tour is a trip for the adventure seeker.
Brave the Delhi streets and expressways of the plains, or opt to start the ride at the foothills where the mountain roads begin. Six to ten days of remote mountain roads ensue. See country that few foreigners venture into as we work deeper and deeper into a hidden corner of India’s Himalaya!
This remote India motorcycle tour offers an amazing experience like few places on earth!
- 1-2 days of riding across the plains from Delhi to the foothills of the Himalaya. (Or choose to have the bikes shuttled and travel a full day by private vehicle).
- 7-9 days of riding through some of the most remote country in India. Cross mountain passes and cut through deep gorges on this spectacular ride. Comfortable but simple hotel lodging in amazing locations.
- 1-2 days or return riding across the plains back to Delhi. (Or choose to have the bikes shuttled back to the city and return by private vehicle).
- 1-2 days of sightseeing in Delhi
This itinerary length will be built around your timeframe and interests.
Itinerary by Day
1. Arrive New Delhi. Transportation to hotel. Orientation, welcome dinner.
2. Private Transport or Ride to Himalayan Foothills (full day travel) Options to begin the ride right from the heart of New Delhi, or travel a full day by private vehicle and have the bikes shuttled to the start of the Himalayan foothills. This second option allows you to bypass the madness of riding in Delhi and across the highways of the Gangantic Plains.
3-10. Seven to Eight Days of Himalayan Foothill Riding. Ride an amazing loop through the remote NE corner of Uttarakhand state. This is a part of the Himalaya that few foreigners ever see! Expect everything from smooth paved roads, to rough dirt roads. Our route crosses high mountain passes and winds along rivers in deep gorges; cuts through pine forests and climbs to rugged Himalayan views.
Lodging is mostly in comfortable but simple hotels in spectacular settings.
Our final night in the mountains is at the lakeside resort town of Naintal. Celebrate our time in the mountains with a nice dinner as tomorrow we prepare to return to the plains.
11-12. Return across the plains to Delhi. Ride across the plains to Delhi by motorcycle or choose to have the bikes shuttled and travel by private vehicle.
13. Sightseeing in Delhi. A free day to sightsee and explore the colorful craziness of Delhi. Celebratory dinner.
This tour length will be crafted to fit your timeframe and interests.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What to Expect
- Ride where few foreigners have trod
- Experience an incredible swath of India – from Delhi and the plains, to rolling green foothills, to the rugged Himalaya
- Incredible Himalayan views
- Remote mountain villages
- Tasty local cuisine
- A real adventure!
- Airport transfers
- Breakfast and Dinners (with the exception of any designated free days)
- Tea / coffee
- Motorcycle rental – Royal Enfield 350cc or 500cc OR Hero Honda 150cc Dual Sport
- Fuel and maintenance
- Historical sight entrance passes (if part of the itinerary)
- Road Captain and trip leader for duration of the tour
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
What’s Not Included
- International airfare
- Any drinks other than complimentary drinks & morning tea/coffee
- Personal equipment and insurance
- India Visa fee
- Helmet. (Helmets can be arranged for rent)
- Emergency evacuation if required
- Other personal expenses
- Additional activities not specifically included in the quoted price.
- Tips for guides, staff, etc…