BEST OF NEPAL
14 DAYS – GENTLE ADVENTURE
This is the ultimate, “do-it-all” adventure! Teahouse trekking in the Mount Everest region, gentle cycling through the Middle Hills, walking tours through the backstreets of the ancient city-kingdoms of the Kathmandu Valley, and your choice of paragliding or wildlife jungle safari. Culturally rich and lots of fun, this is an action-packed two weeks in Nepal!
TRAVEL IN STYLE
- This trip utilizes high-end teahouses during the trek, and boutique, hand-picked accommodation throughout.
- Carry only a light daypack as porters will carry your main bag.
- Gentle Cycling means your shuttle van carries you to the top of the mountain; you coast down the backside past local villages and along terraced mountainsides.
- Delicious food and imported drinks.
- Personally hosted by Eli
- Mount Everest views on your Himalayan tea-house trek
- Backstreets, bazaars, and iconic sights of Kathmandu
- Delightful lodging throughout
- Helicopter flight over the Himalaya
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
DAY 1 Kathmandu | Boutique Lodging in Heart of Ancient City
Airport pickup – Transport to boutique B&B – Welcome Dinner – Orientation
DAY 2 Kathmandu | Temples & Palaces of Ancient Kathmandu
Walking tour of hidden backstreets and iconic landmarks of Kathmandu. Explore the ancient city-kingdom of Patan and the iconic Swyambunath (Monkey Temple).
DAY 3 Lukla – Phakding | Himalayan Tea-House Trekking
Morning flight to Lukla. Trek to Phakding (3.5-4 hrs)
DAY 4 Monjo | Trek to Monjo via Gumila Monastery
Follow a local’s footpath through hidden hamlets. Visit the Gumila Monastery. Trek to Monjo (3.5-4 hrs).
DAY 5 Namche | High-end Tea-House & Amazing Himalayan Views
Trek to Namche (4-4.5 hrs). Cross a sky-high swing bridge and climb to your first views of Mt. Everest.
DAY 6 Tashinga | A Sacred Mountain & Secluded Tea-House
Trek to Tashinga (3-5 hrs). Follow the path less traveled through yak pastures and Sherpa villages, all in the shadow of the sacred mountain – Khumbu Yul La.
DAY 7 Pangboche | Tengboche Monastery & Everest Views
Trek to Pangboche (6.5 hrs) Visit the famous Tengboche Monastery and soak up stunning views of Amma Dablam and Mount Everest.
DAY 8 Kathmandu | Helicopter flight to Kathmandu — 5* Hotel
Morning helicopter flight to Kathmandu. Afternoon at leisure to relax and explore locally.
DAY 9 Nuwakot District | Gentle Bicycling — Farmhouse Lodge
Van-shuttled gentle cycling to Nuwakot District. Coast down the mountain, past local villages, and stop for tea and local lunch along the way. Our van will then pick us up and drive us to our mountain-top lodge for the evening. Finish the day with a sunset stroll to the Nuwakot Palace (circa 18th century). Delightful heritage farmhouse lodge serves up fresh, locally grown produce.
DAY 10 Kurintar | Rafting — Riverside Lodge
Raft the scenic Trishuli River (Class II-III) for the afternoon. Finish the day with a 20 minute stroll through a secluded village to reach our walking-only lodge. Enjoy drinks beside the pool or on the terrace overlooking the river.
DAY 11 Bandipur | Optional Manakmana Temple — Sunset Temple
Today we might take the cable car up to the sacred Manakamana Temple, or for the adventurous soul, there’s the option of paragliding. Afternoon free at mountain-top Bandipur to explore the village or go for a mountain walk. Don’t miss sunset from the temple above town!
DAY 12 Pokhara | Lakeside Lodging
A short day on the road brings us to Nepal’s adventure capital, Pokhara. Situated on the beautiful Fewa Lake and tucked up to the base of the Himalaya, Pokhara offers stunning views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Machapuchare. Afternoon free to go boating on the lake, shopping or just exploring along the popular lakeside. Lots of great dining options as well.
Day 13 Kathmandu | Fly to Kathmandu — Bouddha Stupa — Sightseeing / Shopping
Optional: morning paragliding. Fly to Kathmandu (30 min). Enjoy the afternoon at leisure and explore the area around Nepal’s largest stupa. You will find pilgrims from all over the world circumambulating the iconic Bouddhanath Stupa. Hyatt or similar lodging.
Day 14 Depart | Final day in Nepal
Free time for last minute sightseeing or shopping – Private transport to airport.
PRICING & WHAT’S INCLUDED
2-3 people $6,995 per person
4-5 people $6,095 per person
6+ people $5,795 per person
- 13 nights lodging at lovely, hand-picked accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 11 dinners
- 6 lunches
- All in-country transportation (other than transportation arranged for other activities or during free time)
- Domestic flights: Kathmandu – Lukla; Pokhara – Kathmandu
- Helicopter flight: Pangboche – Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha NP entrance fee and TIMS card
- Experienced trekking guide and porters (licensed and insured) – for the trekking portion of the trip
- Entrance fees for listed Kathmandu sights
- Mountain bikes for two days of gentle cycling
- Nepal map; trekking map
- Eli as personal trip leader and cultural liaison
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days)
- Any drinks other than complimentary drinks & morning tea/coffee
- Personal insurance
- Rescue & evacuation, etc…
- Expenses occurred as a result of delay beyond our control in case of weather, flight cancellation, or natural calamities
- Other personal expenses
- Tips for guides, staff, drivers, etc…
DEPARTURE DATES 2020
February | March | April | October | November | December
FLEXIBLE DEPARTURE DATES
Don’t see dates that work for you? Contact me to plan dates that fit your schedule.
October – December, February – May