4 DAYS, PAVED ROADS
Some of the best riding in Nepal coupled with Himalayan views
For those with only a few days to ride, this is the ideal Himalayan moto-tour experience! Ride some of the most enjoyable roads in Nepal while paralleling the mighty Himalaya. Views of magnificent peaks, rich culture, and delightful accommodation await.
DAY 1 – Charikot: 135kms, 5.5hrs Ride to Charikot – Panoramic hotel lodging
DAY 2 – Nagarkot: 188kms, 6hrs Highway riding to Nagarkot – Mountain-top lodging
DAY 3 – Nuwkaot: 100+kms, 4+hrs Secondary road riding to Nuwakot – Farmhouse lodge
DAY 4 – Kathmandu: 80kms, 3.5hrs Highway or secondary road riding to Kathmandu
DAY 1 – Ride to Charikot – Himalayan Foothills
Heading east out of Kathmandu we’ll quickly find ourselves twisting and turning through the Himalayan foothills. A mix of paved and broken roads brings us along rivers, over mountain ridges, and finally to the hillside hub-town of Charikot, overlooking the eastern Himalayan range.
Panoramic hotel lodging in Charikot.
DAY 2 – Ride to Nagarkot – Nepal’s Newest Highway
After breakfast we’ll descend through pine forests to the clear Tama Koshi River. Paralleling the river, the road takes us high along barren cliffs and past small villages. Our afternoon ride is fun and cruisy along Nepal’s newest and smoothest highway.
Finish the day by climbing to a favorite hotel at the Himalayan viewpoint of Nagarkot, just on the Kathmandu Valley rim.
DAY 3 – Ride to Scenic Nuwakot – Historical Nuwakot Palace
We’ll get off the pavement with a couple patches of dirt riding today as we climb over Shivapuri Mountain and descend into the lovely and rural Nuwakot district. Past terraced mountainsides filled with wheat or rice, and along clear streams, we’ll ride through little-visited villages before arriving at our peaceful “farmhouse” lodge for the evening.
Enjoy drinks and a garden-fresh dinner on the terrace.
DAY 4 – Return to Kathmandu via Alternate Route
After breakfast, we’ll take the road less traveled as we wind up and over the last mountain separating us from the Kathmandu Valley. En-route we’ll stop at a local teashop for tea and a sampling of local snacks.
Back in Kathmandu we’ll ride directly to the bike shop and return the bikes.
- 3 nights lovely, hand-picked lodging
- All Breakfasts
- All Dinners
- Motorcycle Rental
- Third party motorcycle insurance
- *Lodge-to-lodge Support Vehicle for ride
- **Mechanic / Follow-up Rider
- Eli as Trip Leader / Road Captain
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days)
- Any drinks other than complimentary drinks & morning tea/coffee
- Personal insurance
- Rescue & evacuation, etc…
- Expenses occurred as a result of delay beyond our control in case of weather, flight cancellation, political disturbances, or natural calamities
- Coverage of any damages incurred to bikes (motorcycle insurance available for $400 / bike)
- Other personal expenses, laundry, etc…
- Tips for guides, staff, drivers, etc…
$1,105 / Rider (6-8 riders)
$1,215 / Rider (4-5 riders)
$1,325 / Rider (2-3 riders)
*support vehicle extra
**mechanic / follow-up rider included in groups of 4+
- Prices quoted on a twin-sharing room basis. Single supplement – $75
- Prices subject to change as cost of accommodation and transportation may increase.
Flexible Departure Dates
Contact me to plan dates that work for you
September – December; February – May